Monday, January 13, 2014

Coors Brewery

Today we drove into Golden, CO - only 25 minutes away.  Took a great 45 minute tour of the Coors Brewery and was very impressed.   Learned a lot and met some really nice Chargers fans that were in our tour.   At the end of the tour you were allowed 3 free drinks (the whole thing was free).  One of the beers I had was called Batch 19.  It was from a newly re-discovered recipe that they were making pre - Prohibition.   It was pretty good - strong hops taste and darker.   There were some students from the College of the Mines next to us and they told us about a secret beer that the tour doesn't tell you about called Mines Moon.  Of course I went up and asked for it.  It was half Blue Moon and half Killian Red and it was sooooo smooth!  Bill had the Coors original.   And that's all we could handle.   :)

After Coors we walked all over downtown Golden.   Very quaint and western.   Had lunch at the Buffalo Rose and checked out some of the shops.  

The last thing we did was drive up Lookout Mountain Road.   We were told it had amazing views.  Well...... 7000+ feet later I was trying not to have a meltdown!   Many of you know of my fear of heights.   If I had been driving I can tell you that I would have left the car in the middle of the road and walked down 1/4 of the way up.  On my side of the car it was a straight drop down.   Most of the time I had my head down and when the MANY hairpin turns came Bill made sure I didn't look.  OMG!  We got to a parking area and that was all I could handle.   Found out later we only had about a mile to go to get to the top.  I tried to put my big - girl panties on, I really did!  Even got out of the car and took pictures (not too close to the edge) and on the harrowing way down I really really tried.....until the gusts of wind started rocking the car.  Then I lost it and became a sobbing mess.  Bill really tried hard not to laugh too much.  He did get me through and safely back down.   I can laugh NOW!  :)

I can honestly say that this was my Favorite day so far!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment