Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday around Scottsdale

Went for a walk in the park for about an hour.....chilly but nice and sunshiny.  Came home and then went to a Harkin Theatre (it seats 642!!!!) to see "Lone Survivor" along with 100 other people for the 10:30 show.  An intense film with a very emotional ending.   It makes me glad that my boys have relatively safe jobs in the Navy and quite sad for the ones who don't come back.

We were at the Tempe Market - an outdoor mall - and we ate outside at the Paradise Bakery and Cafe.   This whole area of Scottsdale has beautiful parks,  trails, and outdoor areas.  At this mall they had outdoor seating areas with COUCHES, HEATING LAMPS,  FOUNTAINS, all surrounded by lovely landscaping.  The high temp today was 78. Very nice.  Great public transportation, too.

Then Laurie and I spent sister time driving around and window shopping.   Even saw an Olive tree!  This place/trip has been so different from anywhere I've ever been.

Check out our next few days...road trip up north!   Pictures will come as soon as I get my phone to work correctly.   :(

2 comments:

  1. Kath, enjoying your journey with you as you travel our beautiful country. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Lynn! So glad you enjoy my rambling. :) Does it bring back memories?

    ReplyDelete