Thursday, January 23, 2014

Sedona

So, we went to The Sedona Pines Resort at 9:00 to listen to a 2 hour time share presentation.   It sounded so great and a good investment.   Just isn't meant to be.   The good news is that we got $100 as a gift and it's paying for our room tonight.

From there we drove Red Rock Loop Road which took us on a dirt road to see Cathedral Rock.  A beautiful drive,  beautiful sunny day (52°), beautiful rock formation!   Next stop was Amitabha Stupa.  Stupas are the physical embodiment (a shrine)of the Buddha's enlightened mind.  This was my must-see.  Sedona is such a spiritual place and you could definitely feel the spirit here.  I wish I could have stayed for hours!  Many prayers were offered here.

Coming off the hills we stopped and walked through some of the quaint shops in downtown and had lunch at The Hitching Post.  Next stop was Chapel of the Holy Cross - a glass church built into the red rocks.  STUNNING!  It was a long, steep walk but so worth it. Prayers were offered up here as well.   Keeping in the spiritual tradition we made our way past about 6 named formations so we could get to Bell Rock.  This is one of 4 Vortexes that have strong spiritual enlightenment.   Cathedral Rock, the Stupa,  Bell Rock , Boynton Canyon are the 4.  Yes, I felt it...especially at the Stupa.

Our last stop was up the north side of Sedona to the airport mesa.  Here you can see a complete vista of such red rock formations that it just can't be captured on camera or canvas.   Only the human eye sees the depth and details.
Blessings to all.....

4 comments:

  1. so glad you went to the airport...isn't it beautiful. The spirit does move you..I love thinking and pondering in Sedona. So peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wish I had more time to ponder...next time, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been to Sedona several times. Beautiful place. I was not swept by the vortices. I tried to feel it. I think what I felt was just gas. LOL. Glad you are enjoying your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. .......and that's why I offered a prayer for you. .... :)

    ReplyDelete