Friday, January 3, 2014

Land of OZ

Who believes that I am in my favorite city of Manhattan? ?  Believe it!      Only this Manhattan is in Kansas. ...home to the Oz museum.   We left Indiana in a Cool 9° and made our way very quickly to St. Louis, MO.  Took a walk to the Gateway Arch and was mesmerized by the Mississippi River.   Both monuments were titanic;  so breathtaking!   Took lots of beautiful pictures and froze our butts off in 13° winds. 

So our car took us through IN, IL, MO, AND INTO KS.  Only a dusting of snow and temps got up to 41.  Denver was 62 today!!  But good news - snowstorm in Denver tomorrow and a high of 26.  I'm sooooo excited!  We are staying in Manhattan tonight and plan on getting to my sister's tomorrow afternoon.

Winter has some beautiful landscapes and I am honored to be able to see our country in its Winter slumber.  Outside our hotel is an enchanting Christmas display in full light mode.  Quite magnificent. 

1 comment:

  1. I am jealous!!! Looks so nice. I am glad you guys are back on the road. Gotta get a car on the track - help me out so I can plot :)

    ReplyDelete